Sunday, February 26, 2012

Market Street Stamps February Block Party

Here's my card for this month's Market Street Stamps Block Party. I've had this sweet It Takes Love set for a while now, but hadn't inked it up, so I pulled it out for my party creation.

I made a recessed window to highlight the image. The image inside the window is stamped in brown and red ink--love how those Memento dew drop pads make it so easy to ink a stamp in two colors! The image is framed by a red circle that's set on the back of the kraft panel that covers most of the cardfront. To add interest and texture, the kraft panel is stamped with the Bit of Burlap background stamp in brown ink, stamped off once to get a lighter look. The panel's edges are inked with a little distress ink, too. I used a bunch of foam tape to attach the panel to the cream card base, centering the opening over the stamped image.

I added a notch edged strip across the kraft panel and added the set's sentiment at the end of the strip. A tiny red button, tied up with kraft baker's twine, makes a nice accent and adds a third circle element to the design.

Materials Used:
It Takes Love and Bit of Burlap stamp sets (Market Street Stamps); Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Rich Cocoa and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); Frayed Burlap distress ink (Ranger); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punches (EK Success); kraft baker's twine (Timeless Twine); red button (Michaels); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I love this card! Love kraft & red, love circles, love that sentiment. I guess I just love it all. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love how you've done this image in a window! Such a great design and color palette!

    Thanks for coming to the MSS Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty is this card! LOVE the color combination you used.. it is so perfect with that stamp set. I love the accent of the red heart!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips