Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome Baby

Here's my card for this week's SCS sketch challenge. My friend asked me to make a donation of a few baby-themed cards to go in a basket to be auctioned at an upcoming fundraiser, so when I saw this sweet baby card, I decided I'd make my own version to go into the pile that's headed for the basket.

I used the same layout and colors--and even some of the same designer paper--on my card, but made a few changes to make the design my own. Instead of using a pair of paper pieced onesies for the focal image, I used just one. The onesie is from Our Craft Lounge's Bundle of Joy set. It's paper pieced from a purple dotted paper scrap and the heart on the onesie is colored with a darker purple Copic marker. I used foam tape to attach it to the oval panel and added the stamped "welcome baby" sentiment beneath it in light purple ink.

Instead of using a dot embossed panel to cover most of the cardfront, I used a piece of green plaid patterned paper. I used the same text patterned paper for the panel at the center of the cardfront, edging it with pale purple cardstock strips to set it off from the green plaid. The panel's accented with a small celery grosgrain bow with a matching button at the center.

Materials Used:
Bundle of Joy stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lulu Lavender inks (Tsukineko); V28 marker (Copic); Certainly Celery and Whisper White cardstock, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); Nana's Nursery-Baby Boy designer papers (DCWV); petite oval and petite scalloped oval dies (Spellbinders); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine) green button; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips