Saturday, February 25, 2012

Rock Star

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. For this one, I inked up my new a la modes Rock Star set, pairing her with some funky patterned papers and a star border.

The image is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on a circle panel using foam tape. I left room on the right side of the panel to add a trio of glittery star embellishments--perfect for a rock star themed card!

I used a piece of dotted patterned paper for the panel that runs across the cardfront. The patterned paper strip is edged with a yellow border that I created with a Martha Stewart star punch. I stamped the set’s “Rock Star” sentiment on one of MFT’s mini tab dies and slipped the bottom of the tab under the top edge of the patterned paper strip. I think this one's perfect for a teenaged girl!

Materials Used:
a la modes Rock Star stamp set, Die-namics mini tab die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, and Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hip-Hooray "Boy" Surprise designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); Classic Stars border punch (Martha Stewart); glittered chipboard stars (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips