Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthday and Baby

I have two clean and simple cards to share tonight. Both feature lots of white space and images from Clear and Simple Stamps.

The first is for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. Harriet's clean and simple designs are fabulous--and right up my alley! My card's based on this birthday one and stays pretty close to her original design.

Instead of using a rainbow array of stars, I went monochromatic, using 5 different shades of blue for the stars. The stars are cut with the smallest die from the Shapes: Stars set and adhered directly to the white card base.

The sentiment comes from the A Guy Thing stamp set. I stamped the "happy birthday to you" sentiment in True Blue Fan ink, instead of the black used for the original version. I went with a longer sentiment since the "happy birthday" alone didn't fill enough space.

Materials Used
A Guy Thing stamp set, Shapes: Stars die, True Blue Fan ink, True Blue Fan, Simply Blue-tiful, Party Teal Dawn, My Favorite Blue Jeans, Trendsetter Blue, and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps)


This one is for the current sketch on the Clean and Simple Stamping blog. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to create a onesie filled clothesline using the Onesie Decorating set. It came together in no time at all.

Instead of stamping one of the clothesline images included in the stamp set, I fashioned my own clothesline from some pink baker's twine. It's attached to the cardfront with glue dots hidden underneath the little bows at each end of the line.

I stamped three of the onesies in three different pastel inks, then cut them out and attached them to the line using foam tape. One of the sentiments from the Shower Sentiments set is stamped underneath the clothesline in gray ink--I went with gray instead of black because I wanted a slightly softer look to go with the pastel onesies. This would be an easy one to make in boy and gender neutral versions, too, with a few adjustments to the onesie--and clothesline--colors.

Materials Used:
Onesie Decorating and Shower Sentiments stamp sets, I'm a Princess Pink, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Green with Envy, and You're Such a Gray-cious Host inks, A Blanc Check cardstock, Divine Twine pink baker's twine (Clear and Simple Stamps); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute Lori! I love the little onesies on the line! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both GREAT CAS cards Lori! I love how you used the different shades of blue for the stars on the first card and love the cute little onesies popped up on the second card! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips