Sunday, March 11, 2012

You Color My World

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to make a clean and simple card with a sentiment as the focal image. This one has lots of white space along with a nice pop of color to coordinate with the sentiment I used.

I used the "you color my world" sentiment from the Paper Smooches Word Salad set as my focal image. It's stamped in black ink on a white strip and layered on a black panel to help it pop against the white card base. I wrapped a length of black baker's twine around the bottom of the sentiment panel and secured it with a bow before attaching it to the cardfront.

To add some color to my card, I fished through my scrap pile and found a rainbow array of narrow strips. I cut a notch in one end of each strip, then arranged them underneath the sentiment panel. It's always nice to see some of my scraps going to good use!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Word Salad stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Divine Twine black baker's twine

other: white cardstock (Xerox); Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

6 comments:

  1. I love how simple this is and yet very effective with the colorful ribbons recreating the sentiment. Very nice and thanks for a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori this is so cute! I love the banners and the way you showcased the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Lori. It really stood out and caught my eye in the link gallery. I love the big twine bow, and it's always great to use up scraps!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this?! I love the bright happy colors and the fun little banner :) Thanks for getting sentimental with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and creative, Lori! Love the colorful banners! Glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, Lori! I love the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips