Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Color Throwdown 183-Thanks for Perking Me Up


It’s time for another Color Throwdown! This week, Wanda’s brought us a pretty color combination to try—Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Kraft and Really Rust. I went heavy on the celery and blue, and a little lighter on the kraft and rust for my design.

I used Our Craft Lounge’s Fueled by Caffeine set for my card, along with some beautiful May Arts ribbon. The OCL design team is showing off this beautiful ribbon all week, so be sure to stop by the OCL blog for more details and info about how to wind some ribbon for yourself (I've included a few details at the end of this post, too). I picked one of the set’s patterned coffee pots for my focal image and colored it with Copic markers, using Baja Breeze-ish, Certainly Celery-ish, and Really Rust-ish colors, then cut out the colored image. A bunch of the markers I used came from the new set of 12 Copic colors that I had been on the fence about buying—now I’m glad I did! It’s set on a kraft die cut tag using foam tape. I used some pretty celery faux suede ribbon with a ruffled edge to make a button-embellished bow to attach to the top of the tag.

I arranged the tag and a circular celery panel on a piece of grid patterned paper. The panel is set on a kraft mat, then attached to the cardfront. I stamped the set’s “thanks for perking me up” sentiment on the circular panel next to the image.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD183. Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team:

** Barbara ** Broni ** Danielle ** Joan ** Kerri **
** Kristin ** Lynn ** Tammy ** Wanda **
March Guestie Bev Gerard

And, don't forget about the fabulous blog candy from Our Craft Lounge. May Arts sent lots of ribbon to share, so OCL has 5 prize packages to give away this week. You have lots of ways to enter EVERY SINGLE DAY this week + one BONUS entry!

Daily leave 1 comment on each…

1. the OCL Blog (please leave contact info),
2. each designer’s blog playing along that day, and
3. our Facebook page.

BONUS ENTRY: If you “LIKE” OCL on Facebook, you’ll get a bonus entry (as long as you tell us you did it) ~ if you've already "liked" us, let us know that too!

We will pick 5 random comments this weekend and our winners will be announced next Tuesday, March 20th on the OCL Blog.

Materials Used:
Fueled by Caffeine stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Certainly Celery and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Ducks in a Row designer paper (October Afternoon); circle punch (EK Success); Tags 1 die (Clear and Simple Stamps); celery ruffle edge faux suede ribbon (May Arts); twine (Papertrey Ink); button; foam tape

24 comments:

  1. Cute design, Lori! Perfect use of these colors! I've always loved that OCL stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! Love that little pot and your sentiment placement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have used the colors beautifully, Lori...the little coffee pot is sooo cute and I love the ruffled ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, when I saw the Stampin up Colour names, had to check twice, I thought it was wrong! Great sentiment and I love the ribbon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that mod coffee pot! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a "friend" card! Love it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Lori, I really love your emphasis on the blue and green! This is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simplicity of this card. AND the green. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the colors are stunning on your card. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great color combo! I love the stamp and the pretty ribbon!
    DeniseB
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout and color combo. I like the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card Lori, love your color & pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card, the colors and the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sentiment is SO TRUE! TOO CUTE! TFS!
    Marisol Gutierrez
    atouchof_sol@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great coloring n the pot- love how well it matches the papers you choose. Fanastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card! Great job combining the colors! Absolutely love that ribbon color! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card Lori! Love the cute tag with coffee pot and pretty bow with button!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun card Lori! Love the cute polka dot coffee pot. This is my first time to play along at the color Throwdown! Looking forward to many more ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips