Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Get Well with OCL

It’s my turn to host the design team spotlight on the Our Craft Lounge blog this week, so I thought I’d share my new cards here as well. I went with a get well theme for my post since OCL has a bunch of sets that work perfectly for get well cards and it seems that there’s always a need for this type of card.

First up is a card I made with the Sunshine Cheer set. This is one of my favorite OCL sets—something about that cheery, smiling sun image, I guess . . . Anyway, on this one I did a little masking so that the sun was peeking out from behind a cloud. The sun’s colored with Copic markers and the cloud’s outlined with a little glitter for a fun sparkle.

I used a fresh aqua and lemon color scheme for the card. I attached a strip of dotted patterned paper over a lemon panel with a scalloped edge, machine stitching over one edge of the dotted panel for interest before layering the panels on to the cardfront. The image panel is accented with a piece of coordinating knotted grosgrain ribbon. I stamped the set’s “sending you sunshine” sentiment at the bottom of the cardfront in a bold teal ink for contrast.

Materials Used:
Sunshine Cheer stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Party Teal Dawn ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Daffodil Delight cardstock, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); circle die (Spellbinders); Blink of an Eye 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); sewing machine


This one uses the bandage image from the Boo Boo set. I used my stamp positioner to line up the images on the white panel and left the stamped images uncolored. I stamped a single image on a scrap of cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out, then used foam tape to attach it over one of the images on the stamped panel.

The panel’s set on a kraft mat, then on a red panel. I ran some kraft twill underneath the image panel and accented it with a red button tied with baker’s twine. The set’s “ouch” sentiment is stamped just underneath the twill.

Materials Used:
Boo Boo stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic); kraft twill (Papertrey Ink); red button (Michaels); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips