Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm Lucky

Here’s my card for for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I couldn’t let St. Patrick’s Day pass without using my Pure Innocence 4-Leaf Clover set—and polishing my toenails a festive lime green in honor of the celebration, too!

The clover-toting girlie serves as the focal image on a simple scene made with a dot-embossed aqua panel and some border punched green grass. Usually when I used a dot-embossed panel for a background, I keep the raised side facing up, but today, I switched things up a bit and used the debossed side instead.

I used both sides of a piece of patterned paper for the two large panels on the cardfront. Each panel is layered on a green mat, then machine stitched around the edges. After arranging them on the cardfront, I added the image panel on the top. The set’s “I’m lucky you’re my friend” sentiment on a light green notch-edged strip. Adhering the colored image with a little foam tape let me place the sentiment a little farther over on the panel so that it doesn’t hang too far over the right edge of the card. And, speaking of panels, as I'm looking at the photo, it seems the panels are somewhat askew, but IRL, panels on the card are straighter than they appear in my photo . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence 4-Leaf Clover stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Life of the Party "Be You" Bloom designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips