Saturday, March 17, 2012

March Waltzingmouse Blog Party

The theme for this month’s Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party is St. Patrick’s Day/green/Irish. I don’t have any WMS images that are a natural fit for this theme in my collection, so I used a few stamps in non-traditional ways to create something that would fit the theme in a somewhat traditional sense.

I made my own shamrock from a trio of heart shapes punched from green cardstock. Each heart is stamped with one of the gingham images from the Gingham & Co. background stamp set, then scored at the center. Because I stamped the pattern in pretty much the same color ink as the paper, it's hard to see in the photo, but I promise, it's there! After arranging the trio on a white panel on top of a hand cut stem, I used my sewing machine to stitch along the scored line on each heart, then folded the hearts up and away from the white panel for dimension.

Just like with my image, I improvised a bit with the sentiment. I did a little creative stamping with the “so clucky to have you sentiment” from the Lil’ Buddies set, inking it in green and omitting the “c” in “clucky” to change the wording to “so lucky to have you.” I tied a matching piece of green twill ribbon around the panel, just under the sentiment, then attached it to a green mat. The piece is layered on a lighter green card base in keeping with the green theme. Not too bad for not having any St. Patrick's Day or Irish stamps, at least in my non-Irish eyes!

Materials Used:
Gingham & Co. and Lil’ Buddies stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Pear Tart ink (Tsukineko); Simply Chartreuse and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); heart punch (EK Success); olive twill (Stampin’ Up!); sewing machine

19 comments:

  1. Love these stitched shamrock leaves Lori, and such a gorgeous shade of green! Happy partying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet, sweet! Love the simplicity of this - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very creative Irish card Lori! love the stitched stamped shamrock and fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Lori. Love the stitching on your heart-shamrocks...they look trendy-chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great improvisation! The stitching is just the perfect detail:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative card, Lori!! Love the subtle stamping on the shamrock. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous - so clean and punchy! I love the way you've used hearts to create the shamrock and the stitching is a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and very creative to make and sew your own shamrocks ! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card Lori! Love the 3D shamrock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely CAS, great choice of greens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like the way you've made your own shamrock - you can see the gingham stamping and the stitched detail is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lori! Love the clean look you achieved here. Your stitched shamrock is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cracking card lori, i do love the fresh graphic style and the stitching!! Thank you so much for playing along with our blog party!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You and Jennifer Holmes with that clever sentiment! I'm totally sneaking that idea when I need it:) Love the sweet little shamrock made out of GINGHAM and hearts :)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry this is so late, trying to catch up! This is a great card--love the stitched shamrock and that is a perfect sentiment!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips