Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rock That Body

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge. I adjusted the sketch a little to make a portrait oriented card to fit the rockin’ Moonlight Whispers Missy as the focal image.

Missy’s colored with Copic markers and carefully cut out with a combination of scissors and a craft knife, then set on an orange panel using foam tape. I picked the card’s colors from the My Mind’s Eye paper that I used to cover most of the cardfront. I found some orange grosgrain ribbon in my stash and used that for the two strips that run across the card.

The “rock that body” sentiment is stamped on the red panel to the right of the image. I used my stamp positioning tool to get the words stacked one on top of the other. Instead of one large embellishment, I added a trio of gold glittered chipboard stars in a cluster at the top right corner of the image panel. The stars seemed like a fun match for the card’s music and dance theme.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Missy image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); gold glitter chipboard stars (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips