Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Challenge


This month’s Papertrey Ink blog hop challenge is to be inspired by this pretty stack of fabrics.  I made a simple but still feminine card based on the inspiration photo’s color scheme and floral images. I used the roses from Rosie Posie as my focal image.

The roses were stamped in a pale pink ink and shaded subtly with several different pink Copic markers to add depth and interest. This was the first time I'd tried shading a solid stamped image and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  After cutting out the shaded images, I layered them at the edge of a Mat Stack 1 die cut along with a single leaf. The “best wishes” sentiment from the Four of a Kind set is stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink in the open space.

 I kept the layout simple to really let the flowers shine. The card’s Aqua Mist base has a panel of dotted Aqua Mist paper on the bottom half, edged with a narrow strip of Raspberry Fizz cardstock for a pop of color.

Materials Used: 
Rosie Posie and Four of a Kind stamp sets, Raspberry Fizz and Ripe Avocado inks, Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, and Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist Bitty Dot patterned paper, Mat Stack 1 and Mat Stack 1 Layerz dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Angel Pink ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); foam tape

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori, the rose is so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty CAS take! I really like how you stamped the roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your shading is superb Lori and the card is so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Lori! Love the dotted panel behind the beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The roses are so sweet and i love how there's a thin raspberry fizz strip at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. I am so jealous. I want the stamp and die! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very pretty card! I love the Rosie Posie stamp set! Your shading is lovely. I tried to do the same but have a long way to go on learning the best way to do so. But I have fun trying and that is all that matters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and soft rose. Need this stamp and die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color combo Lori! I love those soft roses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I love your cluster of pretty roses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, Lori! Your roses are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Lov ehow you did the flower. Great choice of background too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card and love the roses on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your roses are absolutely gorgeous. I've never used copic markers for shading on stamped images. Something I'm going to try, now that I see the results on your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Lori! Your Copic coloring on the roses is great and i really like the dotted half of the card with the pop of Raspberry Fizz.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips