Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cameo Creation

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I loved the clean and simple design of this elegant card with a cameo as the focal image, so I recreated it with the same cameo stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps and just a few changes.

Instead of using white on white for my version, I used pale pink on pale pink. The panel layered on the card base is embossed with a simple diamond pattern. I stamped the cameo and frame on a pink oval using Versafine Black ink for a super dark black color, then used foam tape to set it on a slightly larger pink lacey oval die cut. After setting the layered piece on the cardfront with more foam tape, I found a piece of black satin ribbon in my scrap pile. I made the ribbon into a bow with my Bow Easy, then attached it to the cardfront with a glue dot. For a final elegant touch, I used some White Opal Liquid Pearls to add a pearl choker to the cameo.

Materials Used:
Cameo to Go stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Versafine Black Onyx ink (Tsukineko); Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin' Up!); oval and lacey oval dies (Spellbinders); Diamonds and Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); black satin ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips