Sunday, April 8, 2012

Apple of My Eye

Here's a fun card that combines the current Lawnscaping challenge (coloring!) with this week's sketch from I Spy Sketches. The sketch is based on one of Debbie Olson's cards. I recently had the opportunity to take a Copic coloring class with Debbie as the instructor. The class was fabulous--Debbie is both a wonderful teacher and a wonderful person!

My card uses the apple image from Lawn Fawn's My Silly Valentine set. I stamped it 3 times on small white cardstock circles and colored each image with Copic markers. The colored images are set on a piece of gingham patterned paper with a big scalloped circle edge. The rounded edges on this paper and the mat beneath it took me way too long to do and I'm still not completely happy with how they look . . . I wrapped some thin twine string around the layered panels, securing the string with a small bow.

The panel is set on a piece of yellow patterned paper. Both the yellow and red papers are from Lily Bee Design, but from different collections. They seem to work well together even though they weren't necessarily designed to. I stamped the set's "you are the apple of my eye" sentiment in the bottom right corner of the panel, using red ink for a nice pop of color, then machine stitched around the edge of the patterned paper. I layered the stitched panel on a kraft mat, then on a red card base to match the apples.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn My Silly Valentine stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks, Copic markers (R12, R14, R17, YG17, YG21, YG25, Y32), Lily Bee Double Dutch and Handmade Tiny Tablets, Creative Impressions twine string thread

other: Poppy Parade and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle punches (EK Success); sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Just adorable! Love the papers you chose with the apples. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cute card!! Lovely colors :-)
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, what a cute card!!! The colored apples paired with that gorgeous paper! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My what a cute card! I love those apples so darling and the gingham papers. TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Springtime card! How fun you actually got to meet Debbie! Thanks for joining in with I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super sweet card and I love the red matting! The twine is the perfect rustic touch for your card too :D Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips