Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Color Throwdown 186-Rawr


It’s time for another Color Throwdown! This week, Danielle’s brought us an earth-tone filled color combination to try—Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango, Pear Pizzazz, and Tempting Turquoise. I used the colors to create a fun birthday card using the Little Loveasaurus set from My Favorite Things.

I colored the dino image with Copic markers, using orange and green markers. To get a textured look, I added some random dots with darker rust colored markers—I think I went a little overboard on this and would have been happier if I’d just dotted the tail . . . After cutting out the image, I added it to a piece of cloud patterned paper with a border punched “grass” strip along the bottom. I combined pieces of a few of the set’s sentiments to get the “rawr means happy birthday” that I stamped on the green cardstock beneath the image.

I layered the panel on an orange mat, then on a green one. I slipped a trio of notch-edged strips between the orange and green layers, then machine stitched them in place, before adding the panel to the cardfront.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD186. Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team and April’s guestie, Julia Aston:

** Barbara ** Broni ** Danielle ** Joan ** Kerri **
** Lynn ** Tammy ** Wanda **
April Guestie Julia Aston

Materials Used:
Little Loveasaurus stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Pear Pizzazz cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Away We Go 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); sewing machine; foam tape

7 comments:

  1. Love this fun little dino Lori! I think the dots look super! Great design with the grass, clouds and banners on the side - a wonderful kids card! I'm so excited to be stamping with you talented ladies this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Dino is just tooo cute, Lori, and what a fun sentiment...this is such an adorable birthday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the dino, Lori! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your adorable freckled dino! It gives him personality - lol! This is a perfect kid's card and great use of the colors! I see in another post you and Chloe got to be beach bums for the w/e...how wonderful to get away...hope you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable Lori! Your bright colored popped up dino image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Loveasaurus is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, I think this is adorable Lori, and NOT overboard on the dots! They look great! Love the layout and the stitching and the "scenery!"

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips