Wednesday, April 4, 2012

You Rock

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.***

Chloe the cutie puppy and I got home earlier today from a little getaway to the beach, so it's been a few days since I've stamped anything. I thought I'd ease back into things with today's SCS sketch challenge.

I used Lawn Fawn's new Stay Tuned set for my focal image. The retro radio image is stamped in gray ink and cut out. The dial's covered with Glossy Accents for a glass-like appearance. I used a dimensional dot to set it on a circle with the set's "you rock" sentiment beneath it and the little sound lines above it in black ink.

Most of the card's covered with a piece of gray chevron patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's Bright Side 6x6 paper pad. It's hard to see in the photo, but the shades of gray in the chevrons are graduated from light to darker. I used three black cardstock scraps to make the little notch-edged strips at the top left of the card. They looked a little plain, so I dressed them up by adding a single silver brad at the end of each strip.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Stay Tuned stamp set and Bright Side 6x6 paper pad, Tsukineko Memento London Fog and Tuxedo Black inks, Ranger Glossy Accents, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Basic Gray and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver brads (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips