Thursday, April 5, 2012

CSS Release Review: Party Hop


For today's Release Review, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team has created a bunch of different party invitations and elements using the Party Elements: Baby set. I went with a sweet "mommy to bee" themed baby shower ensemble using the set plus a few others from Collection 2. The soft yellow and gray color scheme I worked with is super trendy right now and perfect for a gender-neutral event, too.

Let's start with the invitation. I designed it to be a simple quarter sheet of cardstock. The frame from the Party Elements: Baby set is stamped on a piece of white cardstock in You're Such a Gray-cious Host ink. I used sentiments from the Baby Sentiments and Punny Baby sets along with the party info and lines elements from the Party Elements: Baby set within the frame.

A pair of bees from the Punny Baby set fills in the empty space at the bottom of the invite. These bees are one of the unifying elements in my ensemble--I managed to get at least one on each piece. Each time, I stamped the bee in gray ink and colored it with red and yellow Copic markers, then added a little glitter to cover the red heart-shaped wings. I layered the piece on a gray mat, then on a piece of yellow cardstock, all with rounded corners for a soft look.

Along with the invitation, I made a little treat box using the Party Favor 1 die. I cut the box from yellow cardstock, then added a circle stamped with a bee image and the "sweet as honey" sentiment, both from the Punny Baby set. The box is filled with some "puppy chow," a yummy peanut butter and chocolate coated Honeycomb cereal concoction.

I made a simple place setting set to coordinate with the invitation. The place card is a piece of yellow cardstock, scored and folded to stand up. I used the frame image from the Party Elements: Baby set and the matching label die from the Mini Tri-fold die set for the part with the name. I stamped the guest's name in gray ink using the Alpha Modern set and added a bee, too.

I also made a silverware wrap using the bee image. The bee image is stamped on a white circle, cut with one of the Shapes: Circles dies and stamped with the matching dotted circle outline image. I layered the stamped panel on a gray circle, then on a yellow circle.

After folding a set of silverware inside a gray paper napkin, I wrapped a narrow strip of white cardstock around the bundle and secured it with a piece of CSS's Simple Adhesive, then added the bee element on top.

And after a shower, the honoree always needs some thank you notes, so I designed a coordinating thank note that could be easily reproduced. I stayed with the same color scheme and design elements, but switched up the wording for a thank you note. Again, I used sentiments from Baby Sentiments and Punny Baby, which keeps the thank you looking pretty similar to the invitation.

I also made a little party favor using the Mini Tri-fold die. I cut the trifold from yellow paper and added a stamped label to the outside. When the recipient opens the trifold, it reveals a tube of Burt's Bees lip balm. The lip balm's brand and color scheme tie in perfectly with the party's theme! I used a strip of CSS's Simple Adhesive to hold the tube in place inside the tri-fold.

Be sure to check out the other creative party ideas from the rest of the CSS design team. Here's where to find them:

Lori--you're here!
Jax
Kim
Tracy
Dana
Laurie
Jennifer
Stephany
Laura
Denise
CSS

Materials Used:
Punny Baby, Baby Sentiments, Shapes: Circles, Alpha Modern, and Party Elements: Baby stamp sets, You’re Such a Gray-cious Host and Say Yellow to All Your Fans ink, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, You’re Such a Gray-cious Host, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (Y13, R24), Shapes: Circles, Mini Tri-fold 1, Party Favor 1, and Tags 1 dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. Great work! I am actually in need for this particular info. .. thanks a lot for the share..

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you created, bright and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the bright yellow and that bee is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness Lori! This is too cute! I love those little bees on the invite! And those place cards? Adorable! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright yellow and grey - so chic. I LOVE the napkin ring... a fabulous idea that I am tucking into my arsenal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute!! Love all the yellow. And your napkin ring is too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips