Sunday, April 1, 2012

Market Street Stamps March Block Party

***Scroll down to the post below for my CSS Release Review project!***

I have two entries for this month’s Market Street Stamps block party. I started the first one before I saw this month’s free digi, but when I saw the digi, I wanted to give that a try, too!

Here’s my original idea. I love the bike in the Riding By set, so I decided I’d put it in motion on my card. I colored the image and cut it out, then used a mechanism I created with pennies and dimensional dots to make the bike slide along a track cut into my cardfront. I posted a mini-tutorial on how to do this here.

The rest of the card’s pretty simple. I used a piece of light blue dotted patterned paper as the sky behind the bike and some green patterned paper, punched with a grass border punch. A few die cut white felt clouds round out the scene. I stamped the set's "riding by to say hi" sentiment on a light blue strip in red ink and accented it with a piece of knotted red faux suede ribbon. The interactive element makes this otherwise simple card a lot of fun.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Riding By stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks, Copic markers (R14, R17, C-3, C-1, B0000), Authentique Loyal 6x6 paper pad, Snow White felt, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Bashful Blue and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas)


And here’s my project using this month’s free digi image. The card’s layout is based on this week’s I Spy Sketches challenge. I used the cool retro radio digi as my focal image along with the “sending you good vibes” sentiment from the Hippie Chic set--they're the perfect pair!

For the slanted panels behind the image, I used the chevron image from the Riding By set. I stamped the chevron in coordinating colors on 4 different cardstock panels, then cut the panels into strips. By doing it this way, I have panels left for a few more cards! After I arranged the strips on the cardfront I added the image panel on top with the sentiment slipped in between the image and the circle mats. Keep your eyes open for another card using these striped panels soon . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Riding By and Hippie Chic stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Bahama Blue, Cantaloupe, Bamboo Leaves, and Grape Leaves inks, Copic markers (B000, B01, B02, C-3), Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Almost Amethyst cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

5 comments:

  1. Chevron embossing is perfect!!! Love these colors!!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to line up this pattern!! Thanks for joining in at I Spy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love that you have that pattern going across different papers! Thanks for playing at iSpy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Lori- the colours are gorgeous and the chevron texture is such an amazing touch! Thanks for joining us at iSpy this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute image and I love your chevrons! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips