Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sweet Dreams

This week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to be inspired by a song. I took my cue from the sweet images in the Special Bundle stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps and created a baby card based on the lullaby Rock-a-bye Baby.

I made a sweet scene featuring a basket swinging from a tree branch. The branch's from the Tweet Notes set and the basket's from the new Special Bundle set--love how lots of CSS sets work so well together! After stamping the branch and coloring the leaves with Copic marker, I ran the light blue panel through my die cutting machine with a dotted embossing folder to get the subtle debossed pattern on the panel.

The basket is die cut from pink patterned paper using the Special Bundle dies and stamped with the matching image. I did a little creative arranging of some pink baker's twine to make it look like the basket is hanging from the branch. I layered the panel on a darker blue mat, then set it on a white card base. The "sweet dreams" sentiment from the Sweet Dreams set is stamped in dark pink ink on a pale pink panel and set across the image panel, extending to the right edge of the card.

Materials Used:
Special Bundle, Sweet Dreams, and Tweet Notes stamp sets, Paint the Town Pink and Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Simply Blue-tiful, Trendsetter Blue, I'm a Princess Pink, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic marker (Y25), Special Bundle dies, Divine Twine pink baker's twine (Clear and Simple Stamps); Yours Truly 6x paper pad (Echo Park); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Lori this is so cute! I love the embossed background! And I love how you used Tweet Notes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute design, and perfect for the tune! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card! LOVE the way you used the swiss polka dots "backwards"!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sure is a sweet! Love the darling card, Lori!I adore the pink Pattern paper and twine details!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and I love the twine! Glad you played at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this but now instead of a lullaby I have "Sweet Dreams" (are made of these, who am I to disagree) running through my head!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips