Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thanks a Latte

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card (and the colors!) for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.***

For this week’s SCS sketch challenge, I pulled out my new Daily Grind set from Market Street Stamps. In real life, I’m not a big coffee fan, but I do love coffee themed stamp sets—wonder why that is??

Anyway, I used two of the sketch’s circular panels for images from the set. I stamped one of the set’s drink images on a scrap of white cardstock, colored it a bit with Copic markers, then used a dimensional dot to set it on one of the panels. I stamped a coordinating thank you sentiment on another.

The rest of the circle panels were made from cardstock scraps that coordinate with the piece of Lily Bee Design’s Handmade patterned paper I used for the strip across the cardfront. To dress it up a bit, I edged the bottom of the patterned paper with a die cut scallop edged strip that works nicely with all of the layout's circles. The final circle’s represented by a button, tied with a little red baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Daily Grind stamp set, X-Press white copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Copic markers (BG0000, R12, R14, R17), Lily Bee Design Handmade Tiny Tablet, Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities die, Divine Twine Cherry Red baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, and Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); red button (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Thanks for playing along in the sketch challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips