Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ooh-la-la

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I made a few adjustments to the layout to accommodate the tall Eiffel Tower image from the Paris Nouveau set that I used on the large panel, but otherwise kept to the sketch’s basic elements.

The Eiffel Tower image is stamped on light gray cardstock in a darker gray ink and cut out, then attached to a pink grid patterned paper. I used some dotted washi tape strips to make a simple banner, strung on a piece of line thread across the panel’s top left corner. The panel is set on a rose mat, then on a gray card base. I think I might have liked this better on a pale pink base, so I may go back and change it later . . .

I stamped the “ooh-la-la” sentiment from the Compact Sentiments set in gray ink on a small rose cardstock panel. After attaching a piece of narrow pink ric rac across the bottom of the card, I added the sentiment panel at the center.

Materials Used:
Paris Nouveau and Compact Sentiments stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Smokey Shadow ink, Soft Stone and Autumn Rose cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Yours Truly 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); pink ric rac (American Crafts); cream linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); washi tape (Target); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Lori. I love the sentiment and the sweet colours you have used Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tres chic, Lori! Hee, I think the only French words that I know have been learned during stamping :) Love the soft colors and the banner floating behind the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl, this is so adorable, I luv the Paris theme..ooh, la, la..hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!
    Wonderful take on the sketch - LOVE your Paris theme! Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It is so cute. I really like it. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips