Saturday, April 7, 2012

Under the Weather?

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I'm trying to use up some "older" patterned paper, so I mixed and matched a few coordinating scraps from a 6x6 paper pad to come up with this cheery get well card.

I used the umbrella from the Umbrella stamp and die set for my focal image. I cut the umbrella base from orange cardstock and the sections from gold cardstock. After embossing the gold pieces with a dotted embossing folder, I arranged them on the base. It gives the umbrella a nice texture and pattern. It's set on an aqua circle with foam tape and a pair of white felt flat-bottom clouds.

I played around with the arrangement of the patterned paper scraps for a while before settling on what you see here. The scraps are set on a kraft panel, then on an orange card base. I stamped the set's "under the weather?" sentiment in an aqua-ish ink on a kraft strip and set that over the card to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Umbrella stamp and die set, Die-namics Flat-bottom Cloud dies (My Favorite Things); Pumpkin Pie and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold and Aqua Mist cardstock, medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Clearsnap); Fine & Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips