Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thanks for the Lift

This week's Our Craft Lounge challenge is to "run for the border"--meaning to use border and/or background stamps in your creation. I combined the challenge with this week's Mojo Monday sketch to create this fun thank you card.

I used what's probably my favorite OCL background stamp set, Every Heartbeat, on my card. I love the set's trendy chevron images--and that the set has two different sizes, too. I used both sizes on my card, the narrower on the blue background panel and the wider on the green panel.

Once I had the striped panels in place, I added the image panel. I stamped the hot air balloon with chevrons on it from the Love in the Air set, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out, then added it to an aqua panel with foam tape. A pair of white felt clouds fills out the panel. I added the notch-edged panel to the cardfront, lowering it a little bit to fit the way I'd arranged the balloons and clouds on the image panel. The set's "thanks for the lift" sentiment is stamped on the strip in green ink and accented with a baker's twine tied button.

Materials Used:
Every Heartbeat and Love in the Air stamp sets (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Vivid Beach Glass ink (Clearsnap); Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado inks, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); markers (Copic); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas); circle die (Spellbinders); green baker's twine (Divine Twine); green button (Michaels); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips