Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps April Blog Party

The theme for this month’s Waltzingmouse Stamps blog party is “new beginnings.” I’ve had a bunch of requests for baby cards, so that’s the direction I took for my card for the dance.

I used the sweet lamb image from the Lil’ Buddies set along with the current Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge to create my card. I made a little scene for the lamb using green cardstock punched along the top edge with a grass border punch and a die cut panel sponged with blue ink and a cloud die. The set’s “ewe’re new” sentiment is stamped on the panel underneath the lamb in gray ink.

I used a fun diagonal plaid patterned paper to make the trio of notch-ended strips for the cardfront. Each strip is layered on a pink mat, then set on a green panel. A yellow scalloped strip, topped by a piece of pink gingham ribbon runs across the card. The image panel is set over that to finish the fun, spring-like design.

Materials Used:
Lil’ Buddies stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento London Fog ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Delightful 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); Sending You and medium scallop border dies (Papertrey Ink); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); foam tape

15 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, what a sweet sweet card!! The little lamb scene looks Amazing, and I love the clouds in the background. Just Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great colors on this Lori! love the banners and cute little lamb front and center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think that little lamb makes the cutest image for a baby card. I love the plaid patterned papers you chose for this card, they are so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable and fun with those beautiful plaid panels!! Love the sweet little scene you created with the grass and little lamb!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sketch is SO cool, and I just love the plaid patterned banner strips! What a sweet image to choose for a baby card...I forget about that little lambie, so glad you reminded me of it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Lori! Great way to showcase the darling WM lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to hang the banner of sort, on a diagonal, and love the sweet lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! Another sweet lamb - I just have to get the Lil Buddies stamp set. So many adorable cards I've seen today using that stamps set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable new baby card Lori, that plaid is such a fun design on the banners, and the sweet little lamb is so perfect for a new baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy that plaid looks good on the banners. Lovely layout for that sweet little lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, this is absolutely lovely, such a pretty card and I love the plaid banners behind the wee sheep!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collection of wonderful elements that add up to a truly sweet card. Let me just say - you ROCK the cloud stencil technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori - what a fabulous card. I love the darling lil buddy sheep and your three paper strips is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips