Friday, May 25, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Week 266

This week’s blogger challenge is a color challenge with green, brown, and a neutral. I went with an olive and kraft combination--kraft's a shade of brown, right?--with a touch of white.  I combined the colors with the current Mojo Monday sketch challenge for this fun coffee themed card using images from Lil’ Inker Designs.

I stamped the Coffee Cozy set’s to-go cup and lid images on white cardstock and shaded them a bit with Copic markers. After setting the images on a white panel using foam tape, I added the wrap around the cup, then stamped the “I like you more than coffee” sentiment beneath it.

I used a piece of green and white chevron patterned paper for the panel on the left side of the card. The patterned paper and image panel are both matted on olive cardstock, then layered on a kraft panel. I attached a strip of kraft ribbon, edged with an olive pinking edged strip, between the two layers. The image panel is accented with a kraft button tied with matching baker’s twine.

For more projects using these colors, check out the link list below. And, if you create a new project based on the challenge, add your link to the list below for the rest of the challenge players to see.

Materials Used:
Coffee Cozy stamp set (Lil’ Inker Designs); white cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Rich Cocoa and Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Old Olive and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); On the Bright Side-One 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Kraft grosgrain ribbon, Kraft button (Papertrey Ink); CutUps Big Pinking Border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); kraft baker’s twine (Timeless Twine); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Great card with this color combination, love the little coffee cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I haven't had my coffee yet, must get some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lori! - Love that Sentiment and the Chevron Paper is so "in" right now, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Lori! I really like the Chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card with this color combo. Also reminds me I need a latte. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Not a coffee drinker, but am lovin' that cup!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips