Thursday, May 3, 2012

Simple Teacher Thank You

In my day job in education, I’ve been working with a large group of early childhood teachers on a year long project that’s just about over. The teachers have done a lot of extra work on the project above and beyond their regular classroom and teaching duties, so I wanted to do a little something to show my appreciation for their commitment to their students and this project. I designed a simple thank you card so that I can write a personal message to each teacher. Since I’m making close to 20 cards, I kept the design simple to reproduce and light on supplies, but still eye-catching and fun.

I used the Mint Motif School Basics set for my card. I used the set’s notebook paper line image to create my own lined paper by stamping the image repeatedly in Bahama Blue ink, then stamped the set’s cursive “thank you” image on one of the lines in Lady Bug ink. The words are designed to be a perfect fit for the lines. Once the sentiment panel was done, I set it in place on a white panel and stamped a trio of stars in the upper left corner and again in the lower right corner using Cantaloupe ink. It looks sort of like a gold star, doesn’t it? After stamping, I layered the sentiment panel on a turquoise mat, then lined the piece up to match with the stamped stars.  I layered the finished panel on a yellow card base.  When I sit down over the weekend to make the rest of these, I think I'll mix up the card base colors up and do some red, some turquoise, and some yellow . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Mint Motif School Basics stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Lady Bug, Cantaloupe, and Bahama Blue inks 

other: Tempting Turquoise and Summer Sun cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Xerox)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great CAS thank you card, Lori. I may have to borrow this idea to make some for my daughter who teaches preschool.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips