Thursday, May 3, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I made a pretty clean and simple birthday card based on the sketch.

I have a bunch of small pieces of October Afternoon designer paper that I scored at a past trip to CHA sitting in a basket on my desk and I’m making an effort to use them up. One of the pieces found its way on to my card as the large panel on the cardfront. I stamped the “birthday wishes” sentiment from the Compact Sentiments set—love this set!—on a white circle in gray ink, then layered it on a blue circle. It’s set over the patterned paper panel and accented with a green felt star. To dress up the star a little, I attached a silver star brad to the center. Since the brad’s “arms” aren’t at the star’s center, it took me a few tries to get the star centered, but I think the mix of textures was worth the extra trouble. Instead of adding a fancy edged border piece at the top of the card, I just wrapped some teal twine around it. To secure and anchor the twine, I added a button to match the felt star.

Materials Used: 
Compact Sentiments stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Smokey Shadow ink, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow, and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Seeing Stars die, Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); Schoolhouse designer paper (October Afternoon); circle dies (Spellbinders); Caribbean baker’s twine (The Twinery); star brad (Recollections); button

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! I love the aqua mist paper and the fancy twine across the top. The chartreuse accents tie it all together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful take on the challenge!
    Love the colors!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to use up scraps - this one is SO pretty Lori! love the star and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun elements on this card, Lori..the twine, the patterned paper with the felt star and brad to match! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at WMSC

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips