Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thanks a Bunch

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I used up a few things from my stash of older supplies on this simple thank you card.

I used the “thanks a bunch” sentiment from the Compact Sentiments set as my focal image. I used a bunch of flowers I've had for a while as the small accents that form a frame around the top of the sentiment panel. The trio of sparkly flower accents framed the image nicely.

The two patterned papers I used for the panels on the cardfront were chosen to coordinate with the pink and brown of the flowers. The papers are from two different paper collections, but they still work together nicely. A strip of cream grosgrain ribbon hides the seam between the two papers and a piece of knotted ribbon adds a final girly touch.

Materials Used: 
Compact Sentiments stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fabulous 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); This & That 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); cream grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); flower embellishments (Petaloo)

5 comments:

  1. Awww Lori, this is precious! Love these posies! Thank you for joining us for a sketch this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet use of the flowers and sentiment, and I love the colour combo! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice card, Lori! Love the combination of pink and brown. Love from Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori this is fantastic! I love your color combo! This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Lori! Love the patterns you chose for the background, and those sparkly flowers are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips