Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You Light Up My Life


***Scroll down to the post below to see my post for this week's Color Throwdown!***

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I used a few scraps of paper that were on my table along with my new a la modes Lightbulb Moment stamp set from My Favorite Things to make this fun card.

The a la mode girlie is colored with Copic markers. I covered the colored bulb with some Glossy Accents for a glass-like look, then set the image aside to dry while I assembled the rest of the card.

The panels are made from scraps an Authentique paper pad.  They're kind of a more masculine color scheme, but the pop of yellow from the lightbulb looks great against them, doesn't it?  After adding the image panel over the paper strips, I stamped the set's "you light up my life" sentiment in the open space next to the image.  An unfortunate blue ink smudge at the right side of the image panel led to decision to add the little ribbon tab/twine tied button combo. It worked out okay, even though it wasn't originally planned that way.

Materials Used: 
a la modes Lightbulb Moment stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Old Olive and Not Quite Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Loyal 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); Glossy Accents (Ranger); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine); button (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips