Sunday, May 6, 2012

Yet Another Teacher Thank You

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I made yet another teacher thank you card, this time using the a la mode Talk Nerdy to Me set. Even though the sentiments in the set aren’t teacher related, I thought the pencil-gripping gal would be the perfect focal image for a teacher thank you card.

I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out, then set it on a circle panel with foam tape. To accommodate the tall image, I flipped the sketch on its side.  The red cardfront is covered with an alphabet print patterned paper. I layered a coordinating dotted strip across the cardfront, then ran two strips of narrow red grosgrain ribbon down the length of the cardfront before adding the image panel. I stamped the “thank you” sentiment from the Teacher’s Pet set on a notch-ended aqua strip, then attached it to the cardfront just beneath the tip of the pencil.

Materials Used:
a la modes Talk Nerdy to Me and Teacher’s Pet stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers, Lipstick Spica pen (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist Fly a Kite and Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pads (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips