Sunday, May 6, 2012

Butterfly Kisses Thank You

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge.  This week's gallery featured lots of lovely floral silhouettes along with sponging, so I included both those elements in my card that's based on this pretty thank you card.

I used the dandelion image from Our Craft Lounge's Butterfly Kisses set for my focal image.  I stamped the image several times across a kraft cardstock strip in a cream ink, then covered the ink with a cream embossing powder and heat embossed.

Once the embossing had cooled, I sponged a little distress ink around the flowers to set them off a bit more from the kraft backdrop.   I matted the panel with dark brown cardstock, then set it on a cream card base.  The "thanks for all you do" sentiment from the Big Thanks set is stamped just above the image panel in dark brown ink.


Materials Used:
Butterfly Kisses and Big Thanks stamp sets (Our Craft Lounge); Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock,Very Vanilla embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger); Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate inks (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant monochrome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card this is one of my most favorite stamps from OCL and I love the fonts on that sentiment

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips