Monday, June 11, 2012

Berry Best Wishes

Here’s my card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to use white on white. I went with those super sweet berries from WPlus9 again (my earlier post featuring the berries is here)—love the bold pop of red against the white background! This design has a few layers, but I think it stays clean and simple nonetheless.

I used a white card base, then added a white dot embossed layer over that with dimensional dots. The dots mirror the dotted pattern on the berry and add a little texture to the design.

I set a white notch-edged strip with a red center stripe across the cardfront, then attached a label die cut with the Label Layers 5 die and stamped with the matching frame image from the Fresh Picked stamp set. The label’s dressed up with a few berries and the “berry best wishes” sentiment.  I'm off now to have few juicy red berries like these as dessert after my dinner . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Fresh Picked stamp set, Fresh Picked and Label Layers 5 dies, Tsukineko Memento Lady Bug, Pear Tart, Summer Sky, and Tuxedo Black inks, Lifestyle Crafts Polka Dots Pattern (small) embossing folder, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Real Red and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips