Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Coffee and Friends

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown!***

Here’s a quick card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. When I saw the swirly element in the sketch, I immediately thought of steam coming from a cup of coffee—kind of odd since I’m not a hot coffee drinker, but I ran with it anyway.

I used the to-go cup image from the Lil’ Inker Designs Coffee Cozy set for my focal image. The cup and lid were stamped on white cardstock and shaded a bit with Copic markers, then cut out. I set them in place on the cardfront using foam tape, then added the coffee cozy wrap, cut from kraft cardstock and inked around the edges with a little distress ink.

The pieces are layered over a scrap of houndstooth patterned cardstock that I attached to a kraft mat, then layered on a coordinating green card base. I attached a pearl flourish extending out from the top of the cup, just like the steam that first came to my mind. The “coffee and friends are the perfect blend” sentiment is stamped next to the coffee cup in black ink to stand out from the busy houndstooth pattern.

Materials Used: 
Coffee Cozy stamp set (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger);  markers (Copic); Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon); pearl flourish (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips