Friday, June 1, 2012

Color My World

This week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge was to “get sentimental” and use a sentiment on your card. I used a sentiment to create my own custom background paper for this cheerful card.

My focal image is the Moonlight Whispers Lola daVinci image. Lola’s colored with Copic markers and cut out. She’s attached to a white panel that I stamped the “you color my world” sentiment from Kimmie's Fun Sentiments set on repeatedly in red ink. I used my stamp positioner to get it lined up straight—it didn’t take long at all and it's a fun way to change things up a bit.

The rest of the layout is pretty simple. The image is set on a blue card base with a piece of yellow striped paper at the bottom. I added a few strips of red cardstock as accents along with a trio of red buttons.

Materials Used: 
Moonlight Whispers Lola da Vinci image, Kimmie's Fun Sentiments (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Poppy Parade, and Daffodil Delight cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Homemade 6 Bean Soup 6x6 paper pad (Jillibean Soup); red buttons (Michaels); red baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips