Friday, June 1, 2012

Just a One Layer Note

This week’s blogger challenge is to create a one-layer card. I combined the challenge with today’s Clear and Simple Stamps release review featuring the shapes and labels sets in Collection 3. My card highlights one of CSS's hexagon-filled sets in a simple graphic design.

My one layer card is created on a white card base. I used a black marker and a ruler to mark off a rectangle at the center of the card, then masked the rectangle’s sides before stamping a hexagon pattern inside it with one of the single images from the Hexagons Plus stamp set.  Now that I'm done, I think I'd have liked this better if I'd used a gray marker to better coordinate with my stamped images . . .

Once I’d finished with the open hexagons, I went back and filled in some of them with a slightly smaller solid hexagon in gray, teal, and yellow inks. The “just a note” sentiment from the All Occasions 2 set is stamped in the open space in the lower right corner of the card and accented with a single silver brad.

Be sure to check out the rest of the CSS design team members sharing projects today. Here’s where to find them:
Laurie Willison
Denise January
Kim Duran
Laura Bassen
Lori Tecler (you’re here!)
Jaclyn Miller
Jennifer Rzasa
CSS Blog

And, you can find links to the rest of the blogger challenge participants here.

Materials Used:
Hexagons Plus and All Occasions 2 stamp sets, Party Teal Dawn, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, and You’re Such a Gray-cious Host inks, A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); black marker (Tsukineko); silver brad (Recollections)

6 comments:

  1. I love that you stamped across the diagonal... so smart and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love those hexagons and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Lori! I love how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CAS card, love the added pops of color!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips