Tuesday, June 5, 2012

CSS Party Hop

The Clear and Simple Stamps design team is wrapping up our review of the Collection 3 release with a Party Hop.  Each designer has created a party ensemble featuring products from this collection.  I was inspired by this collection's garden theme--even though I most definitely do not have a green thumb!--and made a super feminine party set featuring a gatefold invitation and a coordinating favor box and centerpiece. All of the pieces are in the same color scheme to tie them together.

First up is the invitation. The two front panels on the pink card are covered with coral pieces that I used the Imprints 1 impression plate on for a subtle pattern.

To keep the card closed, I made a narrow belly band from pink cardstock and Coral Necklace satin ribbon. The band’s dressed up with a layered butterfly cut with the Butterflies 1 stamp/die set. The final butterfly in the stack is cut from vellum for a soft look. I attached a pair of pearls at the center to make a body and to conceal the little bit of adhesive I used to hold the butterflies together. Once I slid the band in place, I attached a piece of a pearl flourish underneath it to look like a flight trail.

On the inside, I used the frame, party information, and line images from the Party Elements: Baby set for the basics of the invitation. I used sentiments from the All Occasions 2 set to add a header, then decorated the bottom of the invitation with one of the butterflies from the Butterflies 1 set and a trail from the Flowers set.

The favor box is made using similar elements. I cut it from pink cardstock using the Party Favor 2 die and again added a coral panel and a butterfly embellished belly band. The box is filled with some festively colored jellybeans.

Here’s a look at the little centerpiece I created. I used the Butterflies 1 die to cut a stack of pink, coral, and vellum butterflies. The die cuts were stamped with the coordinating dotted outline image from the Butterflies 1 set, then mixed and matched and layered with a piece of vellum on top. Each butterfly was attached to a length of floral wire.

To display the butterflies, I used  an inexpensive mini glass flower pot I picked up at a craft store and filled it with some clear glass marbles. The butterflies are arranged in the flower pot at different heights to add interest to the arrangement.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CSS team has created for the party hop. Here’s where to find them:

Lori Tecler (you’re here!)
Jaclyn Miller
Kim Duran
Tracy Schultz
Dana Grothaus
Laurie Willison
Jennifer Rzasa
Laura Bassen
CSS Blog

Materials Used: 
Butterflies 1, Butterfly Garden 1, All Occasions 2, Flowers, Party Elements: Baby stamp sets, I’m a Princess Pink, Coral Necklace, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Imprints 1 impression plate, Buterflies 1 and Party Favor 2 dies, Coral Necklace satin ribbon, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); white pearls, white pearl flourish (Recollections)

4 comments:

  1. Lori, I love the butterfly centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! You could also put the butterflies on a stick in a cupcake, love how you stacked those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your little butterflies on floral wire- what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love how you kept the color scheme the same for each item.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips