Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Love You Bunches

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown!***

Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. I thought the long panel would be perfect for the fun pair of monkeys in the Go Bananas set from The Cat’s Pajamas.

I stamped the monkeys on a white cardstock panel, then colored them with Copic markers. Once I was done coloring, I used a cloud template and an inked up sponge to add a sky-like background to the panel. It’s layered on a kraft panel with the set’s “I love you bunches” sentiment tucked behind it.

I set the panel on a green card base with a panel of coordinating green patterned paper. A strip of yellow grosgrain ribbon breaks up the green a bit. I attached a white button, tied with some green baker’s twine, as a simple accent.

Materials Used: 
Go Bananas stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, Divine Twine green baker’s twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Soft Sky Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana, and Crumb Cake cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Alphabet Soup "Girl"-Powder Puff designer paper (My Mind's Eye)white button (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips