Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Opposites?

Here are my cards for the final two Viva la Verve June sketches. I made a pair of cards in totally different color schemes--one with bright, cool shades, and the other with more muted, warm ones.

This one is designed for clean and simple cards and I think this one definitely fits the description. I used the fancy balloon trio from Verve's Party Time set as my focal image. Each balloon is colored in a different bright color. I cut out the colored image and used foam tape to set it in place on the cardfront.

The balloons overlap both the aqua card base and the green dotted paper panel I placed on the cardfront. I stamped the balloon image in black ink before attaching the balloons so that the balloons would have strings without my having to fussy cut them! The “celebrate good times” sentiment from the Birthday Bash set is stamped on a solid green cardstock strip that’s attached underneath the dotted paper panel.

Materials Used:
Party Time and Birthday Bash stamp sets (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse Bitty Dot patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

And, here’s my final card for June’s sketches. I made a sweet thinking of you card in warm color tones based on the papers I used on the card from an older My Mind’s Eye Valentine’s Day collection.

I used one of the sentiments from the Always on my Mind set as the focal image. I love the fonts in this set! I stamped the sentiment in a rusty red ink on a cream panel, then inked the panel’s edges with distress ink.

 I used both sides of a piece of patterned paper for the large panels on the cardfront. Each panel is layered on a melon mat. Once I had the sentiment panel in place, I attached a strip of cream grosgrain ribbon across its top and added a single melon colored felt heart as an accent.

Materials Used:
Always on my Mind stamp set, From the Heart die (Verve Stamps); Memento Morocco ink (Tsukineko); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Melon Berry cardstock, Melon Berry felt (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips