Saturday, June 2, 2012

You Are Amazing

The Clear and Simple Stamps Collection 3 release review continues today with sets featuring flowers and butterflies. You won’t see any flowers on my card, but I used one of the floral sets in Collection 3 to create a single layer masculine card inspired by the current Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger challenge. As soon as I saw the cool, graphic rug in the inspiration photo (I've shared it at the bottom of the post), I knew I wanted to create a card based on the shapes and colors.

I used a leafy stem image from the Flowers set to stamp a series of repeated images along the left side of a cream kraft cardstock panel using inks that match several colors from the rug. To add interest, I alternated the orientation and spacing of the stem from line to line. I stamped the “you are amazing” sentiment from the All Occasions 2 set in the open space on the right side of the cardfront. The sentiment’s accented with a single copper brad.

For more inspiration using the flower and butterfly sets from Collection 3, don’t miss what the rest of the CSS team is sharing today. Here’s where to find them:
Tracy Schultz
Denise January
Laurie Willison
Kim Duran
Laura Bassen
Lori Tecler (you’re here!)
CSS Blog

And for all the details on the Tuesday Trigger challenge, check out this post at Moxie Fab World.

Materials Used: 
Flowers and All Occasions 2 stamp sets, Party Teal Dawn, Dish All the Dirt Brown, and Haute Red Couture inks, Kraft Like a Rockstar Cream cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); copper brads (Recollections)

7 comments:

  1. Such a creative way to use the leaf stamp! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightfully CAS... I love that you chose to focus on this one sweet element from the set. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the design you have used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS card Lori - beautiful stamp, perfect for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! Love the two pearls you added.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips