Saturday, June 2, 2012

You Blow Me Away

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I used the Pure Innocence Blowing Bubbles set for a fun card that’s perfect for the summertime.

I colored the girl with Copic markers, then added a coating of Glossy Accents to the bubbles coming from her bubble wand for a shiny look. Before they dried, I sprinkled a little glitter on the bubbles, too.  The set’s “you blow me away” sentiment is stamped in the open space next to the girl with the words stamped one on top of the other. Clear stamps make this so easy to do!

I used a pair of papers from a My Mind’s Eye paper pad on the card behind her—a dotted one for the large circle behind the image and a multi-colored striped one across the bottom of the card. The striped panel is edged with a bright pink scallop edged strip. I knotted a scrap of wide green grosgrain ribbon around the cardfront before setting the image panel in place.

Materials Used: 
Pure Innocence Blowing Bubbles stamp set (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); Glossy Accents (Ranger); green grosgrain ribbon (Michaels) 

And, while I had my MFT stamps out, I thought I’d give this month’s guest designer contest challenge one more shot. I put together this sweet card with the a la modes Dream Big set and a pastel color scheme.

The girl image is colored with Copic markers and set on a dot patterned paper background with foam tape.

I covered an aqua card base with a pastel polka dotted panel, then added a solid yellow panel to highlight the yellow in the moon image.  After wrapping two strips of pink ribbon around the card front, I attached the image panel, adding a trio of glittery chipboard stars at the lower left corner.  The set's "dream big" sentiment is stamped in pink ink on a mini tag die cut and slipped underneath the left edge of the image panel.

Materials Used: 
a la modes Dream Big stamp set, Die-namics Mini Tags Foursome die (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Vivid Tea Dye ink (Clearsnap); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Six by Six-Dwell 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Apple Cheddar Soup designer paper (Jillibean Soup); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); glittered chipboard stars (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips