Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sunshine and Smiles

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge!***

Here’s my mostly scrappy card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. It’s a kind of loose interpretation of the sketch, but I think it still works.

Instead of using a pair of circles layered in a staggered way, I used a large dotted circle and a smaller die cut sun. The dotted circle’s a blue on blue pattern to resemble the sky. I used the new sun die from Lil’ Inker Designs for my sun along with a felt cloud from Lil’ Inker’s Rainbows and Clouds set. I love the fun perforated detailing along the edges of the shapes!  The sun's embellished with a matching button tied with a little baker's twine.

I set the circle and sun on a golden yellow dot embossed panel. A strip of chevron patterned paper runs across the bottom of the circle. I added the coordinating stamp set’s “wishing you sunshine & smiles” sentiment on a matching yellow panel at the bottom of the chevron strip. The panel is set on a kraft card base to bring in a little more of the neutral colors found on the patterned paper.

Materials Used:
Sun Sentiments stamp set, sunshine and cloud dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, Harvest Gold button (Papertrey Ink); Indie Chic-Nutmeg "Hanging Out" Rainbow designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Ocean Mist Double Dot designer paper (BoBunny); Polka Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle dies (Spellbinders); yellow baker's twine (The Twinery); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips