Monday, July 23, 2012

The Bright Side

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a card with a black base.  Since it's Monday and the start of a new work week, the dark card base combined with message on my card seems somewhat appropriate.

I used one of the new Market Street Stamps mini sets as my focal image.  The lightbulb is colored with several different yellow Copic markers, then sprayed with a little shimmer spray for a sparkly look.  It's attached to a black panel with foam tape.  I stamped the "always look on the bright side" sentiment in silver ink--I was going to heat emboss it, but took the lazy route and just used ink . . .  To complete the visual triangle on the panel, I added a little yellow ribbon tab with a baker's twine tied button.  The panel is set on a yellow mat, then on a black card base.


Materials Used:
Bright Side stamp set (Market Street Stamps);  Memento Tuxedo Black and Encore Silver inks, Fireworks Dandelion shimmer spray (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Yoyo Yellow and Basic Black cardstock, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); black baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Love that huge light bulb.... your card really caught my eye in the gallery :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that's a eye catcher. Simply brilliant;)
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore it!!! Such a darling card--you are PINNED!!! May I CASE you?! I have a set with light blubs that I haven't used yet and this would be the perfect way to showcase them! Giving you credit for original idea, of course!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a SMART design! Love it to bits, Lori! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bulb and the sentiment. Just pops out of the black background. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellow really pops! Love the sentiment with the bulb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pop of colour! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! LOVE this, Lori! That lightbulb totally pops off the card- beautiful coloring! And the silver is very vibrant- no need to emboss! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips