Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy Bird-day

Here's another birthday card made with the Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies set.  I guess you could say it replaces this one that I posted yesterday that is now without a felt cloud thanks to a sneaky Chloe the cutie puppy.  She somehow managed to tear off the cloud and button all while leaving the card exactly where it was was. Fortunately, she only ate the cloud and left the button behind as evidence of her theft--and did it after I'd taken a photo of the card to share on my blog . . .  Anyway, I made this one for today's SCS featured stamper challenge based on this card with the same bird image.

Mine's just a little more than the one layer design of the original card.  I used some dimensional dots and a little border punched grass to add dimension to the design while keeping the layout the same.  I used a light blue card base for my card and attached the grass strip near the bottom, then stamped the bird image over it.  I stamped the bird image again on white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers and cut it out, then used dimensional dots to attach it to the card. 

Instead of stamping solid balloon images, I used the heart shaped one from the Smoocheroos set.  After coloring each one a different color, I attached them to the card using a dimensional dot for one.  The balloon strings are drawn in with a multiliner pen.  The set's "happy bird-day" sentiment is stamped underneath the grassy strip in black ink.  I'm making sure to keep this one out of Chloe the cutie puppy's reach!


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies and Smoocheroos stamp sets, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (B0000, B00, B01, B02 B04, B05, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, Y35, YR12, YR15, YR16, R00, R12, R14, R17) and black multiliner pen, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots


other:  Soft Sky and Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); grass border punch (Martha Stewart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips