Friday, August 31, 2012

Blogger Challenge: Week 271

This week's blogger challenge is a sketch.  I went clean and simple on this one, using the Bright Idea set from Technique Tuesday again.

I stamped one of the set's hanging pendant lamp images in gray ink on a white oval panel, then added a few details to the image.  The bulb is colored with a Copic marker, then covered with a light coat of Glossy Accents for a glass-like look.  The lampshade is studded with a few clear crystals for a fun, feminine touch.

I used a bright patterned paper from a My Mind's Eye paper pad for the panel underneath the image.  I machine stitched it to a rose mat before setting it on the light yellow card base.  I stamped the set's "you're brilliant" sentiment in gray ink on a yellow strip and matted it on a rose strip before adhering it to the cardfront, tucking the right edge underneath the image panel.

For more ideas using this sketch, check out the link list below.  And, if you give the sketch a try, link up your version below, too.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersTechnique Tuesday Bright Idea stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Gray Flannel ink, Copic marker (Y21), My Mind's Eye Six by Six-Happy Day paper pad, Ranger Glossy Accents, KaiserCraft clear crystals

other: Regal Rose, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips