Friday, August 31, 2012

MVP

College football season officially kicks off this weekend and I’m hoping that this season brings a return visit to the Rose Bowl for my alma mater, the University of Wisconsin Badgers, and maybe a Heisman trophy nod for their star running back, Montee Ball. With that in mind, it seemed appropriate to whip up a football themed card to start off the long weekend, so here’s one made for this month’s My Favorite Things guest designer challenge.

I used the football player image from the Pure Innocence MVP A Boy and His Football set as my focal image. He’s colored with Copic markers and some silver gel pen and I used a sticker to add a dimensional “W” to his jersey. I don’t have any shaped like Wisconsin’s stylized “action W” so this one will have to make do. I used foam tape to set the colored image on a blue panel edged with some die cut grass strips.

I used two coordinating papers from a paper pad from a new company, Farm House Paper Company, for the panels on the cardfront. Each of the panels is machine stitched around the edges for a nice, finished look. After layering the smaller panel on top of the dotted panel, I attached two twill strips over the panels, then added the image panel on top. It’s accented with a little football. I had originally planned to use a football die cut with the Die-namics All Star die set, but it seemed too big when I added it to the card, so I went with the smaller image that was included in the stamp set. The set’s “MVP” sentiment is stamped on a mini tab die cut and attached at the side of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence MVP A Boy and His Football stamp set, Die-Namics grass and mini tab foursome dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Market Square 6x6 paper pad (Farm House Paper Company); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); twill (Martha Stewart); chipboard letter sticker (Basic Grey); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips