Thursday, August 16, 2012

May All Your Dreams Come True

Here's another card for one of Verve's anniversary challenges.  This sketch has a lot of layers going on, but I think I still managed to keep it pretty clean for this masculine birthday card.
 
With lots of great new products arriving in stores almost daily, I'm working on using up some of my older stuff to make room for new goodies I have my eye on, so this card uses a pair of scraps from a My Mind's Eye paper pad for the two large panels attached to the card base.  I picked a bold star pattern and paired it with a more subtle blue dotted one, then layered a grid patterned paper panel from the same paper pad over the pair.  Since I already had a lot of pattern going on, I used a golden yellow scrap for the panel along the left side of the grid patterned piece.  It's accented with a trio of copper brads. 

I stamped the "may all your dreams come true" sentiment from Verve's Always on my Mind set in a dark brown ink on a Sahara Sand circle and placed it on the grid panel.  A piece of golden yellow grosgrain ribbon is knotted around the bottom of the card.  It adds a little texture and interest to the paper heavy design.

Materials Used:
Always on My Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Espresso Truffle ink (Tsukineko); Sahara Sand and So Saffron cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Blink of an Eye 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle punch (EK Success); copper brads (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips