Monday, August 27, 2012

Nesting Congratulations

Here's my card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use banners or flags.  I paired a notch-ended strip with a fabulous 3-D nest and eggs for a sweet baby card.

The nest is die cut using the CutUps Rolled Nest die from The Cat's Pajamas.  I stamped it with the coordinating nest image from the Nesting stamp set before rolling the nest and adding a pair of polymer clay eggs at the center.

The nest is set on a cream panel with hot pink polka dots.  The panel is machine stitched to a coordinating cardstock mat and set on a pale pink card base.  The sentiment flag is made from the same pink as I used for the card base.  I cut it with one of the dies included in the CutUps Easy Rosette die set. The "congratulations" sentiment from the Simply Said set is stamped on the flag in kraft ink.  I accented the nest with a girly pink satin bow.  I could totally see making a little boy version of this with a blue striped panel behind the nest instead of the pink dotted one . . .

Materials Used:
Nesting and Simply Said stamp sets, Easy Rosette and Rolled Nest dies (The Cat's Pajamas); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo cardstock, Crumb Cake Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); Vintage Marketplace 6x6 paper (Bazzill); polymer clay (Sculpey); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips