Saturday, August 18, 2012

Thoughts and Thanks

I've spent some time over the last few days catching up on my Viva la Verve sketches for the month of August.  I've managed to get the first two done and ready to share today.

Here's my card for this month's first sketch.  I went with a masculine color scheme on this thinking of you card.

I used one of the sentiments from Verve's Always on my Mind set for the focal image.  This is one of my favorite sentiment sets--love the look of the font!  I stamped it in Toffee Crunch ink on a cream panel, then layered it on a kraft mat. 

It's set over a pair of panels made from scraps from a My Mind's Eye paper pad that I layered on a blue-green cardstock square.  A piece of natural twill runs across the card base.  To dress up the twill without adding any more bulk since the twill's already a bit thick, I wrapped some cream twine around the cardfront and secured it with a bow.  The completed panel's set on a kraft card base to tie all the elements together.

Materials Used:
Always on my Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Toffee Crunch ink (Tsukineko); Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean Tides cardstock, cream twine (Papertrey Ink); Away We Go 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle and big scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); twill (Wrights); foam tape

This card combines the second sketch of the month with one of Verve’s Anniversary challenges to use pink, green, and brown. I went for a coffee themed thank you on this card that’s full of layers.

I picked pink and green patterned papers to use for the card and worked from there. The pink chevron panel is at the top of the card, matted on a pink panel. The bottom of the panel is edged with a celery green scalloped strip. I attached a bunch of hand-cut notch ended strips to the back of the scalloped strip so that their fancy edged ends showed from beneath the scallops, then set the panel over the green patterned paper.

The “thanks a latte” sentiment is stamped in brown ink on a white panel. I stamped the to go coffee cup on a white cardstock scrap and colored it with Copic markers before attaching it to the top of the sentiment panel with foam tape.

Materials Used:
Better with You stamp set (Verve Stamps); Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Sweetest Thing-Lavender and Nostalgia 6x6 paper pads (My Mind’s Eye); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips