Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Watt's Up?

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge.  I revisited an older sketch from the archives--sketch 169--because I thought it would be a perfect fit for the new Technique Tuesday Bright Idea stamp set that's been sitting on my table for a few days, just waiting to be inked up.

I stamped one of the set's light bulb images in black ink on a white panel, stamping the long "wire" a second time to extend its length to better fit the image panel.  The bulb's colored with Copic markers and the center's filled in with some Stickles for a fun sparkle.

I used a trendy yellow and gray color scheme for the card, making each of the panels underneath a bright yellow to match the bulb and matting them on gray for a nice pop against the white panel.  The chevron patterned paper is from a new Jillibean Soup collection that has both chevrons and dots--my favorites!  You'll be seeing a lot of it . . .  A little yellow baker's twine is wrapped around the smallest panel, secured with a bow.  I considered a few different spots for the sentiment before finally stamping the "watt's up?" sentiment along the side of the wire extending from the bulb.
 
Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersTechnique Tuesday stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y00, Y11, Y13, Y18), Jillibean Soup Soup Staples II Collection Pack, Ranger Diamond  Stickles, Divine Twine lemon yellow baker's twine

other:  Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips