Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Deer Friend

Here’s my card for this week’s Paper Smooches Sparks Cool Shades color challenge. I used the sherbet shades to make a sweet friendship card featuring the deer image from the Happy Camper set.

The card's layout is based on this week's I Spy Sketch challenge.  The deer’s colored with Copic markers and cut out, then attached to an oval panel with dimensional dots. I placed the deer on a pink panel with three strips of decorative tape on it. The tape is a nice alternative to paper strips, but in making this card, I learned that it’s not so easy to cut three pieces to the same length! I stamped the set’s “my deer friend” sentiment in brown ink on a white strip and accented it with a green button tied with matching baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Happy Camper stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa inks, Copic markers ((E23, E25, E13, E33), October Afternoon Woodland Park decorative tape, Divine Twine Green Apple baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Crème de Menthe and Innocent Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); grass die (Clear and Simple Stamps)

6 comments:

  1. Sweet card Lori! Love the deer and sentiment! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card, I love how you used the Sparks challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lori! This is just BEAUTIFUL! I looove that dear and I LOVE your design! Fab take on the color story:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips