Sunday, September 2, 2012

Two Treasured Words

I ordered a few goodies from Verve's latest release and couldn't wait to ink the Treasured Words set up once it arrived.  Love the mix of sentiments in this one and the fabulous font, too.  I'll get a lot of use out of this set for lots of cards for lots of different occasions.  Here, I have a thank you card for a friend and a birthday card both using one of the set's sentiments as a focal image.

First up is the thank you card I made with the current Mojo Monday sketch.  I stamped the "I treasure your friendship" sentiment for the focal image on a fancy label panel.  The sentiment's stamped in teal to match the floral paper I used to cover most of the pink card base.

I found some coordinating scraps for the trio of notch-ended pieces that I used on the card.  I mixed and matched, using a combination of patterned paper, solid cardstock, and grosgrain ribbon to add interest.  The sentiment's accented with a small die cut felt flower with a button center.

Materials Used:
Treasured Words stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Teal Zeal ink (Tsukineko); Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); The Sweetest Thing-Lavender 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders); CutUps Flower Buttons dies, pink felt (The Cat's Pajamas); white button (Michaels); hemp twine (Hemptique); pink grosgrain ribbon

And, the second card uses this month's first Viva la Verve sketch for a fun birthday card. I combined the "happy birthday" sentiment with the balloon pair from the Birthday Bash set on my focal image panel.  The balloons are colored with Copic markers and attached to the panel with foam tape.  For the balloon strings, I twisted some hemp cord around my paper piercing tool to get the twine to curl before attaching it to the balloons.  The curl's held up pretty well since I put the card together, so I think I'll be trying that again . . .

The image panel is set on a red dot embossed circle.  I added a strip of red ribbon beneath the image panel, overlapping the two circle pieces that are at the sides of the panel.  I found some older October Afternoon paper with a mix of bold colors and patterns to use to cover most of the cardfront.  I think it's appropriately festive for a birthday card, even though it might be a bit busy . . .

Materials Used:
Treasured Words and Birthday Bash stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Pacific Point,  Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Night Light designer paper (October Afternoon); markers (Copic); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); hemp twine (Hemptique); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips